Popular Posts

Saturday, June 2, 2012

TAFEX 2012

On the sunny afternoon of 27th May, I and my sister along with her friend went to The African Experience Festival. I was hoping to find some African outfits or Jewelries that would excite me, but sadly I didn't. There weren't enough vendors, majority of the things sold at the festival were for women, and also mostly of West African influence. It was quite far from a well rounded event. There were a couple of African snacks sold like puff puff, suya e.t.c. I was able to take a couple of pictures from the event; view below.





This was one of the highlights of the event. Kola Ogunkoya and his band performed Afro beat songs from the  late Nigerian legend, Fela Anikulapo Kuti. I was lucky for him to have performed one of my favorites 'Trouble Sleep Yanga Wake Am'



This happened to be my favorite booth at the event. She had her accessories well crafted and they looked beautiful, but as I said earlier, there were nothing for men.


My sister (the one with the hair clip) and her friend



Puff Puff and Suya
This music band called 'Solstar Music' was very impressive. The electric feel to their music was superb. The guy on the violin did a great job, and so did the female dancer. In all, they gave a splendid performance.


The African Experience Festival was a decent outing for me. Definitely could have been better, but it wasn't bad. Summer school is about to start in about a week. Work never ends sigh! I would be travelling tomorrow, so I am off to finish packing. Blessings


8 comments:

  1. The accesories at your "favorite booth" look really nice....the headbands especially.Nicely written article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the accessories too...some great prints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the prints and your sister's hairclip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, great accessories and things honey, i love them!

    have a nice day!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, great accessories and things honey, i love them!

    have a nice day!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos!! and looks like you have great time there!!!

    xx alex

    www.placetrends.blogspot.com

    www.placetrends.blogspot.com

    www.placetrends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete